We believe shared cars are a better way to move around, offering more flexibility and more convenience. We are already the #1 car rental marketplace in Europe, and we believe the adoption will be 100 times larger in just a few years. We are present in several countries, havegreat mobile apps, andkick-ass hardware. And we’re just getting started!
Description du poste
You will join the engineering team(13 brilliant people!) and take on many challenges, such as:
• design and implement new product features on web and mobile apps (and new projects)
• work closely with other members of the engineering team to ensure quality and sustainability of our code
• care about performance and errorsto make sure we provide the best experience to our users
• improve our internal Bootstrap and add more reusable components
• write automated tests to make sure everything works as expected
• hack together quick prototypes in a single afternoon to get feedback
We are looking for someone who loves being in charge of a project end-to-end: understanding customer needs, designing and implementing a great solution, shipping it to the real world and see the results. Someone who knows how to single-handedly build a feature from the ground up (frontend and backend) and takes pride in being able to deliver great features to users.
Note that we aren't necessarily looking for someone with specific experience in our current tech stack: you can learn here and a lot of programming langages are similar. We are however looking for someone willing and able to learn fast.
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails 4.2 (in the process to upgrade to 5) with Ruby 2.3
- Lots of Rspec and Capybara/PhantomJS tests to be safe
- Continuous integration with Docker and CircleCI to ship quickly
- MySQLwith multiple slaves and a dozen of Redis instances to store things
- ES6with Webpack and Yarn for the front
- A solid internal bootstrap to avoid redesigning forms every weeks
- Logmatic (an ELK alternative) for logs indexing, searching and metrics extraction
- An agile mindset allowing us to push to production multiple times a day
- Heroku and RDS to deploy everything
- An homemade toolbelt connected to slackto automate and simplify all the things
- Monitoring dashboardsbuilt with Telegraf + Influxdb + Grafana
- Processes to remove headaches and move fast
- Shipped and maintained code in production
- Extensive experience with a MVC web framework like Rails
- Proficient in at least one backend language (like Ruby)
- Experience with a relational database such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Great communication skills, works well within a team
- Able to communicate in English
No need for a resume, but Linkedin, Twitter and Github usernames are appreciated!
Don't hesitate to give our backend challenge a try.