It started in 2011, in 5 little rooms in Boulogne-Billancourt, with 11 engineers and the world’s first connected Weather Station.
Since then we’ve come a long way…
With an international team of over 150 driven and passionate people, having doubled in size every year and raised over 30M€ in venture capital, Netatmo has established itself as a pioneer in the Smart Home market. Our IoT devices are sold online and by retailers all over the world. Our 4 product categories have won handfuls of CES awards, and we’re now collaborating with giant building construction companies such as Velux and Legrand to share with them our product expertise and work together to revolutionize your homes.
And we’ve still got a long way to go…
Ambitious and motivated, with many more groundbreaking inventions in the pipeline, we are searching for new people to join us. Whether you develop or sell or market, whether you speak French or English or C++, if you are looking to invest 110% of your energy (and have fun at the same time) in an adventure which is going to change the way we live then show us what you have got to make the difference.
The Netatmo Business Solutions team is growing fast. Its goal is to provide OEM and white label solutions for enterprise customers, who want to strengthen their portfolio with smart products. Netatmo Business Solutions delivers world class IoT OEM products, whatever the sector.
As a Pre-Sales Engineer, you will actively manage all Requests for Proposal (RFP) bids for the Business Solutions team starting at technology evaluation stage of the sales process.
Reporting to the General Manager and working in conjunction with the sales and engineering teams as the key technical adviser you will lead the entire, technical pre-sales process and up to the point of hand-over to the project management team once the bids are successful.
You will then collaborate with the project management team over the product creation process and ensure the product is ready for launch in line with the customer’s original specifications.
This is a very exciting role, pushing the technical boundaries of the IoT and smart home technology that Netatmo offers.
You will have a strong and open style of communication to keep internal and external stakeholders engaged at every stage of the bid and product development process.
· Work within the Business Solutions team to achieve defined sales goals.
· Lead the pitch to all customers and be the first point of contact for technical enquires from all customers.
· Propose technical and innovative solutions to support the sales process.
· Internally research, collaborate and design high quality technical presentations within tight deadlines.
· Present technical solutions and to a C-Level audience.
· Develop and manage relationships with technical and commercial contacts within key customers.
· Be commercially aware, looking for new opportunities to create new products with existing customers and presenting new ideas and collaboration opportunities with new customers.
· Team work is critical to success of this role. You must have the ability to work with colleagues within Netatmo to receive the support needed to accomplish the technical goals.
Bachelors / Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electronic or Informations Systems Engineering 5+ years as a successful Pre-Sales Engineer in a client facing role.
· Able to thrive in an excellent corporate culture where innovative thinking and teamwork is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems.
· Technical depth to respond to all functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
· Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams.
· Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, compare and benchmark with competitors.
· Knowledge of industrial design of electronic products including Bill of Materials.
· Knowledge of telecoms technologies and protocols such RF, WiFi, Zigbee, cloud services would be beneficial.
· Fluent read / write French English
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design.