Description du poste
We are looking for an advanced Laravel engineer to join our Engineering team in Paris. As a Backend Engineer, you will collaborate with interface engineers, designers, and producers to bring digital products to life.
You will be responsible for architecting and building backend applications for our clients using a range of solutions including our open source toolkit for Laravel, Twill , or packaged solutions such as Wordpress where needed. In addition to your work as a system architect, you will integrate front end templates and modules within the backend platform, and assist Engineering Directors in researching optimal methodology based on the project requirements.
Location — Paris 11
Contract — CDI
Salary — To be discussed, based on experience
As an Application Engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to…
- Build backend applications with special attention to performance, extensibility, sustainability, and security.
- Extend application features by building interfaces to 3rd party services.
- Set up codebase and various environments (local, test, production) with deployment tools to be used by the other developers of the team.
- Collaborate on research and experimentation for client and internal project work. Our team is dedicated to developing our process through group meetings and knowledge shares; you will be integral in helping the whole department stay up-to-date.
- Support the front-end engineer in client-side application integration.
- Write specs and documentation for readmes, internal or external documentation as needed.
The engineering team
The engineering team is a design-driven group of coders and thinkers who bring ideas to life. Reliability, scalability, and performance are just some of the things we think about day to day in our coding work. We also believe that sharing knowledge and expertise builds strong bonds amongst one another and by extension, a strong team. We value helpfulness and support one another to solve challenges and learn new skills.
What we are looking for in our next team member:
- Strong knowledge of modern PHP techniques, Laravel framework and related tools
- Fluent with database technologies as PostgreSQL and MySQL/MariaDB
- Comfortable with provisioning and deployment tools such as Forge and Ansible
- Savvy user of Git
- Keen eye for detail and passion for performant, clean code
- Fluent in French and English
Other technologies that would be nice to be familiar with:
- Cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google Cloud
- Search engines technology like Elasticsearch or Algolia
- Wordpress and/or Drupal
- Continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
In addition to the technical specifications above, your previous experience should show us that…
- Your written and verbal communication is clear and concise. You can articulate complex technological concepts to fellow engineers and translate for non-engineers. You are adept at navigating technical conversations with both team members and clients alike.
- You have an understanding of agency workflow and are an expert collaborator. Comfortable in a dynamic environment, you are able to pivot between work streams; you can focus on one project for an extended duration or contribute to multiple projects at a time.
- You're passionate about developing your craft as an engineer. Following industry-accepted standards, specifications and best practices, you contribute to or follow open source projects. You love learning new technologies, but are discerning enough to know which aren't production-ready.
Please apply through this link: https://workable.com/j/89EC421581